Presenter :: A Prinsloo
Music Therapy is a wonderful opportunity to work with clients in a non-verbal way. It
does not require clients to be musically trained or able to play an instrument. Music
therapy is vast in its presentation and varied in its application. The therapist is clinically
trained to use music as a tool to achieve clinical outcomes for each client. These
outcomes may be behavioural, psychological or medical in nature.
This modality of therapy is based on the innate capacity that we have as human beings
to respond to rhythm, melody and harmony. Our Presenter, Ms. Annelet Prinsloo will be
introducing the concept of Music Therapy as well as discussing the applications of said
Aims of the Module:
● An introduction to a new and exciting way of conducting therapy for patients
who need relief or support where traditional modalities of therapy are not applicable.
● Understanding the applications of Music Therapy.
● Understanding the training requirements of different practitioners.
● Understanding how and when to refer to a music therapist
● Understanding the complementary contribution of Music Therapy to traditional therapies.
● Understanding how the scope of practice is crucial to running a Music Therapy practice.
The assessment of the understanding of the module is followed by a questionnaire (10
items) and short survey
Sign up for IsoLearn CPD Platform
Get Your Annual CPD Points (Clinical and Ethical) for just R275 per annum