Presenter :: J Cave
Hypnosis is a frame of mind in which you bypass the critical faculty for selective thinking.
Although this phenomenon is observed in every type of therapy, Clinical Hypnosis as a
modality of therapy is making a remarkable comeback. Hypnotherapy is a modality of
psychotherapy that uses the natural neurocognitive phenomenon of trance, or
hypnosis, to alleviate presenting complaints and reach therapeutic goals. So in
hypnosis, we take advantage of the fact that a person’s brain is programmed and
inclined to go into this natural state we call hypnosis or trance in order to help them
alleviate the presenting complaints and reach the therapeutic goals.
Our speaker on this Modality of Therapy is Ms. Jeanie Cave, who is a private practice
owner as well as a hypnotherapist. Her task is to enlighten us about hypnotherapy in
Aims of the Module:
● To facilitate an understanding of how Hypnotherapy is used in clinical practice.
● To understand the training and practice of clinical Hypnotherapy.
● Applications of this modality of therapy.
● To understand the ethical considerations around informed consent with Hypnotherapy.
● To understand how the unconscious and subconscious mind play a part in Hypnotherapy.
The assessment of the understanding of the module is followed by a questionnaire (10
items) and short survey.
Sign up for IsoLearn CPD Platform
Get Your Annual CPD Points (Clinical and Ethical) for just R275 per annum