Presenter :: J Dent
Our speaker on this Modality of Therapy is Ms. Jessica Dent who is an Occupational
Therapist in private practice. During her community service year, Jessica realised her
passion for working with people with hand injuries. Hand therapy includes splinting,
sewing pressure garments, and finding different and creative ways to get the results you
are looking for.
Aims of the Module:
● To understand what Hand Therapy involves and how the treatment is conducted.
● To facilitate an understanding as to how a Hand Therapist works in clinical private practice.
● To understand how one builds a network for referrals into a hand therapy practice
● What are the illnesses, injuries, scar management etc. that a Hand Therapist would deal with?
● Understanding the assessment process and treatment plan of a Hand Therapist.
● Understanding the process of handling an Injury on Duty and how the Hand Therapist manages both treatment and the relationship between the patient and employer.
The assessment of the understanding of the module is followed by a questionnaire (10
items) and short survey
Sign up for IsoLearn CPD Platform
Get Your Annual CPD Points (Clinical and Ethical) for just R275 per annum