In this episode of the Moulding Health Show, we discuss Vaccinations with Samantha Pieterse, a Registered Nurse based in South Africa.
The episodes are available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify from 2023 Week #16 onwards. We have also included a link to the Soundcloud Audio episodes below.
Link to SoundCloud Audio Episodes
Key Thoughts from Samantha Pieterse, a Registered Nurse, on Vaccinations
- Why vaccinations are so important.
- What was the reaction to the new vaccine?
- Vaccines are important.
- Vaccines for children.
- What is the vaccine schedule in South Africa?
- Vaccine records differentiators according to outbreak patterns.
- Measles can cause miscarriage and premature birth.
- Chickenpox and yellow fever.
- How do you know which vaccine is better than others?
- Why do we need to get the HPV vaccination?
- Sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS.
- Catching up with the measles vaccine.
- What is the cost of vaccines?
- Do medical aids cover the cost of vaccines?
- More information on the vaccine schedule.
- How do we know what we have to do here?
Key Thoughts from Samantha Pieterse, a Registered Nurse, on Becoming a Healthcare Practitioner and Going into Private Practice
- What is a Registered Nurse?
- What are the qualifications for a Registered Nurse?
- What is a nurse practitioner? Is it a registered nurse? What is a sister?
- What’s the difference between a midwife and a nurse?
- Nursing is not a 24-hour shift.
- What it’s like to be a paramedic in the field.
- Samantha’s experience with burnout in her private practice.
- What is the process of becoming a nurse like?
- How she got started in private practice and why she’s so grateful.
- You just have to stick around long enough and be willing to fight.
- How to set your practice up from the beginning.
- How to get a dispensing licence.
- How do you know if you’re ready to start a practice?
- When will you start your own practice?
- What will you study?
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Need Help Finding a Registered Nurse Near Me
We compiled a comprehensive list of topics related to Registered Nurses, and have a growing list of these incredible healthcare practitioners. For more information, visit this page on Registered Nurse Near Me.